- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Development Officer to secure funds from corporations, mid-sized businesses, foundations, and government sources.
- Identify, research, solicit corporations, mid-sized businesses, foundations, and government sources of funding.
- Lead proposal development and grant review processes.
- Source proposal requirements and submission deadlines and maintain report deadline calendar.
- Meet with all departments as required to develop proposals, maintain and compile reporting data.
- Write, edit, proofread, and submit applications and budgets. Coordinate preparation, assembly, and delivery of proposal documents.
- Follow up reports to Food Bank, corporations, businesses, foundations, and government funders as required.
- Participate in and support Food Bank special events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications or Professional Writing and five years related experience in grant writing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Desktop Publishing; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Development software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
- Excellent grant writing, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Take initiative to make recommendations, identify and resolve issues. Proven ability to meet critical deadlines and attain goals.
- Valid drivers’ license.
Ready to Apply?
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, fax to 412-460-0418 (Attn: Human Resources), or mail them to Human Resources, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, 1 N Linden St., Duquesne, PA 15110. The Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Human Resources